2013 Centennial Home Tour Week
Park Cities Historic and Preservation Society builds on its annual Home Tour with a series of events, creating a “Centennial Home Tour Week”. The week kicks off the celebration the Centennial of the Town of Highland Park, and is designed to generate awareness of the role history and preservation play in enhancing the quality of life for everyone who lives and works in the Park Cities communities.
Calendar of Events:
- Monday, April 1 - Monday, April 8 - Shopping discounts at these participating retailers in HP Village and Snider Plaza:
Christy M Boutique
Suzanne Roberts Gifts
For Heavens Sake
- Thursday, April 4 - Second PCHPS Distinguished Speaker Luncheon Series sponsored by Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty at the Dallas Country Club featuring Dealey Decherd Herndon. The Proceeds benefit the PCHPS scholarship fund for Highland Park High School students.
- Friday, April 5 - Book signing with Betty Lou Phillips at Vintage Living in Snider Plaza,
- Saturday, April 6 – Centennial Home Tour & Boutique. 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 7 – Centennial Sunday Open House featuring properties for sale in the Park Cities of historic or architectural significance. The 2013 Centennial Home Tour week will be one of the many ways the 100 years of The Town of Highland Park will be celebrated. For more information on the Centennial, click here.
The purpose of the annual Historic Home Tour week is to show case architecturally and historically significant homes of the Park Cities and illustrate how these homes have been restored or remodeled and updated to serve the lifestyle needs of families today.
Park Cities Historic & Preservation Society
• The Home Tour Week is the Society’s only fundraiser each year. The proceeds from the weekend are allocated for scholarships and to help further our mission to promote, protect and preserve the historic, architectural, cultural and aesthetic legacy of the Park Cities.
• The Society landmarks architecturally and historically significant homes in the Park Cities, some of which are on the Home Tour.
• Members of the Society enjoy historic and preservation oriented educational programs.
Home Tour Tickets are available at Tom Thumb stores in the Park Cities area or you can purchase your tickets at the door the day of the Tour.